- What purpose of Proverbs do you feel you could benefit from the most at this point in your life (understanding the Word, guidance for a situation, growing closer to God)?
- Can you think of a situation in which you resisted God’s instruction? What made you hesitate to accept His guidance?
- Why do we need to have a humble heart in order to accept God’s teaching? Are there any areas in your life in which you could be humbled?
- What wisdom did your parents give you that has benefited you throughout life?
- Think of a time when you were tempted to sin. What made that sin appealing? If you resisted, what gave you the strength to say no?
- How is God’s grace seen through the example of Wisdom in Proverbs 1:20-33?
- How would it look to pursue God’s wisdom in daily life?
- In your experience, have you seen how your faith in God has protected you from difficult circumstances or provided you peace?
- Which benefit of turning to God have you seen most clearly in your life?
- wisdom (verse 6)
- fear of God (verse 5)
- knowledge of how to live righteously (verse 9)
- pleasure in wisdom (verse 10)
- a blessed life (verse 21)